Friday, March 14, 2014

Aurora



Finally took pics of the aurora!!!! I am so excited!!!

It really does take a lot of chance and luck but also persistence. 

It was on a Wednesday evening. Happened to be energetic even at 11 pm.  My friend ply texted and said the forecast says there's a 90% chance to see the northern lights and he asks me to see if I would like to head out to go chase the aurora. Thought over once then twice, then decide to grab my warmest gear and head out. 

The sky was pretty clear that night. But somehow it was warmer than normal so there's a persistent mist hanging low on the ground. We drove past the north end of the city until we looked out the window and spotted the aurora display. We found a safe spot to stop and took our cameras out and shoot away!

It was a little unfortunate that the moon was very bright (half full). But we still got to catch some nice display :D

I'm so happy to have my ow northern lights pic to preset when I present my 626 (aka northern lights series) presentation!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment