Friday, April 29, 2011

Sakana Sushi

Sakana Sushi
7908 104 street
Edmonton, AB

Salmon Sashimi

Beef Tataki

Dynamite Roll (left) and Dragon Eye Roll (right)


Dynamite Roll

Dragon Eyes Roll

Rainbow Roll


Yea yea I admit I love Japanese food too much. And there's a relatively new Japanese restaurant in town. Of course I have to go give it a try.

Location: 9/10. Sakana is located in a very nice location just off of Whyte Ave and Calgary Trail. There are plenty of parking in the strip which is a super great bonus in this busy area of town. In this strip mall there's also a few other restaurants I tend to go often including Buddy Chinese Restaurant, Lee House for Korean food, and Dream Tea House for bubble tea.
 
Service: 7/10. This time I have a party of 4 but everyone came rather late, so it was good they didn't rush us. But then I realized it wasn't because they didn't rush us, it was more likely their service are slow. It was a Saturday night and there's only a handful of tables. Slow to take our order, slow to get the sushi out, slow to get our bills. If you're not in a rush or you have a big party and want to sit for a while then it's not so bad.


Food: 7/10. We ordered an order of salmon sashimi ($15.50), dragon eyes roll ($11.95), dynamite roll ($8.95), and rainbow roll ($10.95). Friend H order an additional order of beef tataki. The sashimi I was pretty impressed, their slices are so thick and fresh. Still on the expensive side.. but I guess I can't always compare to Vancouver's Ichiro. (one day I'll write that review again). Unfortunately I have to rate their maki here the same as Kyoto even though their presentation is gorgeous looking. And man have I been soo disappointed by Kyoto's quality for their price. In summary, the presentation of the entrees at this place is truly remarkable. But unfortunately, the taste does not quite live up to its looks.


Price: 7/10. Relatively ok but for the quality I don't recommend.


Overall Impression: 7/10. I would come here again if friends really want to come here. Otherwise I will wait til they get better with their service and maki quality first.



No comments:

Post a Comment